Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's amazing what you can do with a Simply Scrappin' Kit

In general, I like to take raw materials and fashion projects and embellishments from those. Kits with pre-made products had never found their way into my studio, simply because I prefer the "handcrafted touch" in a handmade object! If there are flaws in it, then all the better since it's truly unique (not to mention that by being less than a perfectionist means more crafting time!).

I had to change my tune with the Simply Scrappin' Kits, though. I've had several come my way via hostess and Sell-A-Bration benefits and *wowsers!* was I impressed! You can do SO MUCH with these kits! Sure, scrapbook pages are the obvious uses (and since the die-cuts are made from sturdy cardstock, you can really alter them up), but there are many other ways to use these kits. I recently made a funky scrapbook from the retired Friends & Flowers hostess Kit using the Jacob's Ladder album format for a graduation gift. That is, I created the physical album (not any layouts) using chipboard and the Kit. I did it in just an hour and I had to force myself to mail it out! Alas, I did not think to take a photo of it so I can't post a visual for you. Hmmm.....might have to make another LOL....

This project here is what we are doing at my Stamp Camp this Saturday. We're using the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit that was available during the 2007 Sell-A-Bration season. This entire project has just ONE stamped piece on it (and I'll leave it to you to figure out which piece that is *wink, wink*).

The card box can hold about 10 cards that are sized to fit in these small open-ended envelopes. The truly wonderful thing is that this entire project (card box and cards) used just a fraction of the Kit! So you could make several of these for gifts and it would be super-cute and super cost-effective for you!

The Saturday Stamp Camp filled up at my Sundae Spectacular back in July, which is why I never announced it. But just looking through the kit options in the Fall/Winter 2007 Collection makes me want to offer another one! I'm really loving the Winter Bright one for Christmas.

Now go create!
- Nicole

No comments: