Thursday, August 23, 2007

In need of some sunshine

My husband Brian took his vacation this week and rather than suffer another looooooong 12+hour car trip with the 3 girls (even though the final destination is always spectacular - Hilton Head, Lake Placid - ok, why are we staying here again? LOL) we decided to take it easy and stay close to home. So, we headed to Ohio to visit the Steele side of the family (Brian has 4 siblings and they all live within a few miles of his parents' home) and then drove up north to Tionesta for a few days. It rained everyday of these trips! We had planned to take the girls to Idlewild Park tomorrow but now it's going to be blazing hot. So who knows?

In any case, I love rain so the weather this week didn't bother me in the least. It felt so conducive to relaxing and taking it easy. Rainy weather always makes me want to curl up with a book and drink hot chocolate - and I did get to read a good book this week!
But I understand many of you are in need of some sunshine ;)
So here's a Stamp Club project we did at last
month's good time.

I got the pattern from the Demonstrator Side of Stampin' UP's web site (a super perk to being a demo and if you need another perk - how's 12 free ink pads sound? Check it out here---->> free ink pads then contact me!). It's a pouch with a slide out bookmark.

We used the new Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate colors from the In Color line. I LOVE the new colors! These two, in particular, are well-suited to Christmas cards. I'm imagining all the fun, retro cards I can make this year with this color combo! Wild Wasabi is the perfect green for when you want something colorful without being so primary, if you know what I mean.

I'm still using my Scallop punch LOL! Seems like I use it on every project lately. You know how it is...you find an awesome color combo, or tool, or paper and you just keep using it because you're so excited about it and the ideas won't stop coming and you see what others are doing with it yadayadayada...well, that's the scallop punch for me! We're using it at next month's Technique Tuesday class for the Rubber Cement technique and also at this month's Stamp Club. I'll be posting those projects in the next few days so stop back to check them out.
Back to this project LOL...stamp sets used were Be Happy and Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used a retired Stampin' UP stamp for the bookmark saying and flowers but I received them as orphans (that is, they were not with their set) so I don't know the name. My inks were Summer Sun, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi and Basic Black. The "fun stuff" ( to me anyways LOL) are silver brads, scallop punch, blender pens, and stampin' sponges.
And about the sunshine...check out the bookmark quote ;)
Now go create!
-Nicole

No comments: