Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Faux Sponging

Here's the next project I made using the Faux Sponging technique. If you read my last post, you'll remember I received this technique in a tutorial from another Stampin' UP demo, Erika Martin. I kept my card layout the same as hers in the tutorial, but I used different colors and stamps.
When creating this card, I knew I wanted to send it to my fabulous up-upline, Cherie Hunt, as a congratulations for all her achievements and awards at the recent Stampin' UP convention. She has such a beautiful soul and is always willing to help any of us in the Creative to the Core group (and there are over 50 of us now!). Cherie works hard at her business but she does it all out of genuine love, and I'm thrilled to see her being rewarded for it.
This card measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and fits in a medium sized envelope. I used Taken With Teal as my card base and smallest layer, Pink Passion for the biggest layer, and Pretty in Pink for the middle layer. I used the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set for the image and word. Both were embossed with silver embossing powder. I added silver cord as a final touch (this particular silver cord is retired, but the upcoming Holiday Mini will have elastic silver cord). The edges of my card were brushed with Versamark ink and run through a pile of silver embossing powder.
Cherie, if you're reading this, you're the best!!!!! :)
Now go create!
-Nicole

No comments: