Thursday, July 5, 2007

God's Little Blessings

Once you read far enough into this post, you may be scratching your head at what, exactly, is God's blessing in all this. But you'll see at the end!

We had MAJOR rain all morning - several inches in just a couple hours. In the past, our basement would have flooded but since waterproofing it 15 months ago, we'd had no problems. Well, we'd spent the time and money turning it into a family room and now we were waiting for the carpet to be installed.

I suddenly remembered I'd left the phone downstairs and as I dashed down to get it, that's when I saw a trickle of water coming in under the baseboards. While I'm panicking, two more trickles stream out and it soon becomes a puddle. I look up and see our window wells filled with about 8 inches of water. Now the water is seeping in through the sill and streaming down the brand new walls!

To further complicate matters, I had to pick up Caitlin and Alaina from Mother's Morning Out.

Here's where God's blessings come in - Melissa, the woman in charge of MMO, was so very sweet and kind enough to offer to drive the girls home. I felt very thankful for the relationships I'd formed at St. Stephen's Church over the past three years. Here's another of God's blessings - I didn't really need to go downstairs to get the phone, yet God sent me there so that I would catch the water coming in just as it started, preventing costly damage and more hours of remodeling. And here's yet another blessing - yes, I spent an hour in the midst of the heaviest downpours, using a bucket to bail out our window wells, butEmma, my oldest, was a HUGE help and when the heavy rains ended, so did our water leakage. Praise the Lord!

Did you all have a great Fourth of July? We had a cookout at our home with friends and it was so fun, I wished it wouldn't end! Here's a layout I did about a Fourth of July from 3 years ago.

If you have Stampn' Pastels, they are a great coloring medium for highlighting text, journaling, and titles.

And don't discount the beauty of your own handwriting! I see so much computer-generated journaling and it's far less interesting than handwritten words. If a total stranger is enthralled with your handwriting, imagine how treasured your own words would be to your family!

Now go get creative!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No rain in Forest County!!!!!

Enjoyed your Blog.