Monday, July 2, 2007

The Second Day


Woo-hoo, second day on the blog!

This is a card I made awhile back for a workshop on watercoloring. The hostess had requested this technique and I was oh-so-happy to oblige! (I love hostesses with a sense of adventure ;) ). I needed a very simple project and this 3x3 gift card is what I came up with. The size is adorable, the colors are so fun and so is the stamp set - Polka Dots & Paisley.

I cut a 3x6 piece of Lovely Lilac cardstock (tip: using a 12x12 sheet allows you to get 8 of these without any leftover scraps), scored at the 3" mark on the long side, then folded. Using Elegant Eggplant ink, I stamped the polka dots in the center. Then I used
Staz-On Jet Black to stamp the paisley on Naturals Ivory cardstock and colored it in with Bold Brights Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter. I cut this out and glued it to the center of the gift card.

Using the uber-cool
Round Tab Punch, I punched a tab from Yoyo Yellow cardstock, folded it, and used SNAIL to adhere it to the top left of my card. I stamped "laugh" and "*" from Everyday Flexible Phrases on the tab. The great thing about that set is it has 56 words and symbols in it, so you can make your cards say whatever you want them to!

You know you want to be a "charter reader" of this blog, so sign up over to the left and consider it done...and thanks for reading!

No comments: