Monday, July 9, 2007

Can ya feel the heat?

Oooohhh, I can! We have no air conditioning in our home - which is brick, by the way - and it is now much toastier on the inside than the outside. Brian and I contemplated pitching a tent in the yard and sleeping under the stars LOL!

Oh well. I grew up with no a/c, my school had no a/c, I don't have an office job in a/c, so it's not like I've grown accustomed to it. Besides, what would summer be without a little HEAT? Gives us all a reason to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n and go to the pool. Gives ME a reason to escape to my BASEMENT STUDIO to PLAY hehheh.

In honor of summer and it's long hot days, tropical-like weather, and fun-in-the-sun here's a fun pop-up card I created. I demonstrated this pop-up feature at a workshop last summer and got a great reaction. It is rather a nice surprise to open it up and have this cute frame jump out at ya!

To make this, cut a strip of paper slightly longer than the width of your card (i.e. if your card is 8-1/2" wide, cut the strip 8-3/4"). Score 3" in on both sides, then score at 4-3/8" (the halfway point). Fold your cardstock at that halfway point, then fold going the opposite direction each end at the 3" score marks. Use a punch to create the frame in the strip.

The fun of this card is that you can use just about any shape punch - circles, squares, ovals, tags! Just cut the heigth of your cardstock strip to accomodate the size of your punch. You can also use patterned paper for the inside strip.

Have fun with this!


- Nicole


No comments: