Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sliding back into the blogging groove...

Wow...I've been "away" for a long time (long by blogging standards). I have a reason, though. I had a lot of Stampin' UP events (like 4 in the past week) plus the regular mother/wife/housewife responsibilites and...well....blogging just didn't happen.

But I'm here now and have something very fun to show you!

I had some extra crafting time a couple weeks ago while Caitlin and Alaina were at Mother's Morning Out (those ladies run a wonderful ministry there, by the way) and Emma at school (yet another wonderful ministry). So, I decided to try my hand at a slider card. Really cool card - you pull the left side (where the white bit is sticking out from the half circle punch) and it also pulls out the right side. Magic!

I had some trouble with this at first. I couldn't wrap my mind around just how the slider thing worked. You use a cut up plastic shopping bag to make the card slide and I couldn't read the tutorial right for those steps and I couldn't figure out where to put the adhesive to make it all slide right. It took me about 15 minutes to figure it out and, being the frugal paper crafter that I am, I kept carefully peeling the cardstock apart rather than tossing it and starting anew.

There's something to be said for perseverance, however, as I did get it finally! And boy was I happy with the results! I created the card knowing I wanted to send it to a "little" girl I was a nanny for years back when I was in college. The "little" girl is now a freshman in college herself! I wrote the message before I took the picture so that's why there's writing on the card.

To see the slider card tutorial, click here.

Here's my supply list if you'd like to CASE any part of my card:

stamps - You Make Me Happy (retired)
ink - only orange, brilliant blue, green galore, yoyo yellow
paper - green galore, whisper white, only orange
other - ribbon (Wal-Mart, run through yoyo yellow ink pad), corner rounder punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, sponges

Now go create!
-Nicole

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Very cute project! I love the colours!

My Paper World said...

Hi Nicole,
I hope that if you get time to make some baby cards, that you will put them on your blog! I think that your projects are really pretty, and I would love to see more of your work!
Nicola